Procedure # 3024.4; Rev.: 0 (Effective ?)
Related Policy: UW-3024 Expense Reimbursement Policy
Functional Owner: Accounting Services, Division of Business Services
Contact: Expense Reimbursement Program Manager – Allie Demet, email@example.com, (608) 263-3525
- Procedure statement
- Who is affected by this procedure
- Contact roles and responsibilities
- Related references
I. Procedure statement
The My Corporate Card is a personal-liability credit card that can be used to pay for UW business-related expenses. Purchases made using My Corporate Card appear in the user’s My Wallet in e-Reimbursement. This procedure details how to use e-Reimbursement to account for your My Corporate Card activity.
II. Who is affected by this procedure
- Employees who use the My Corporate Card
- Alternates who prepare expense reports for My Corporate Card holders
- Viewing your My Corporate Card activity in My Wallet
- Sign into the Shared Financial System (SFS).
- Click the Expenses tile. Within the Expenses tile, there are three places to access your My Wallet activity:
- Add Quick Expense tile
- All My Corporate Card expenses which have not been accounted for on an expense report are shown.
- This is the only place the Expense Type of a Corporate Card expense can be modified.
- Users can add additional expenses to My Wallet using the plus sign icon. Users can manually add Corporate Card, P-Card, or Personal Fund charges to My Wallet which can be accessed when creating an expense report.
- Users can delete My Wallet transactions using the trash can icon.
- My Wallet tile – this tile is functionally similar to Add Quick Expense except users cannot modify Expense Types here.
- Expense History tile – this tile shows Corporate Card expenses which have been accounted for on previously-created expense reports.
- Add Quick Expense tile
- Accounting for Corporate Card expenses in e-Reimbursement
- See Procedure 3024.1 – Creating and Submitting an Expense Reimbursement for instructions on creating a new expense report.
- My Wallet transactions are imported into the expense report using the Add from My Wallet option on the dropdown list (Option i below) on the General Information page or the wallet icon on the Expense Entry page (Option ii below); click images to enlarge:
- Users may also manually enter My Corporate Card transactions in an expense report by selecting “US Bank Corporate Card” as the payment type.
- My Corporate Card expenses – whether imported into an expense report from My Wallet or manually entered – are paid directly to U.S. Bank upon approval of the associated expense report.
- To avoid credit balances on the Corporate Card, cardholders must make efforts to avoid duplicate or incorrect payments made to US Bank.
IV. Contact roles and responsibilities
- Traveler/User/Cardholder: responsible for ensuring timely reconciliation and payment of their Corporate Card balance.
- Expense report – contains a categorized and itemized list of expenses that were made on behalf of University of Wisconsin–Madison. This report helps the employer or finance team determine what money was spent, what was purchased, and how much of the expenditure is approved for reimbursement
- e-Reimbursement – the Expenses module of the Shared Financial System (SFS), used to create, submit, and approve expense reimbursement claims.
- My Corporate Card – individual-liability credit card that can be used for travel and non-travel expenses.
VI. Related references
- UW-3014 My Corporate Card Policy
- Procedure 3014.1 – My Corporate Card Application and Account Management
- Procedure 3024.1 – Creating and Submitting Expense Reimbursements in e-Reimbursement
|Revision Dates||Jan. 19, 2021 – Updated Procedure Number to 3024.4 from 320.4|