Material Distribution Services (MDS) is a department within Purchasing Services and is located at the Verona Operations facility.
Commonly referred to as “MDS”, the department houses UW-Madison’s redelivery services, manages inventories and catalogs for numerous entities, and provides warehousing space for campus schools/colleges/divisions and other State of Wisconsin Agencies.
E-commerce ordering through ShopUW+ for the entire MDS-CORESTOCK catalog of materials
Consolidated Campus Receiving and Delivery
To reduce the amount and size of delivery trucks operating on campus, products purchased on ShopUW+ are consolidated at the Verona Operations warehouse facility before delivery to the end user. In compliance with UW-Madison’s Large Truck Policy, MDS sorts inbound packages by delivery zone Monday through Friday and typically ships them for same-day delivery using a fleet of vehicles that are less than 30 feet in length. Next-business-day delivery to the surrounding Dane County area is available for most orders. MDS does not accept radioactive material, inhalation hazards, or any large non-palletized items.
Warehouse Storage Rentals
The Verona Operations MDS warehouse offers warehouse space for rent to University of Wisconsin departments, and other State of Wisconsin agencies. We offer centralized, convenient, state-of-the-art services, including:
- Long-term and short-term storage rates
- Clean, dry, temperature-controlled facilities
- Access to your stored inventory during normal business hours
- Capability to develop customized electronic catalogs that allow ordering through ShopUW+ and next business-day delivery
- Storage rate lower than state contract rates, including pickup and delivery service