MDS is a unit under the Purchasing Services department and part of the Verona Operations group. MDS/ShopUW+ is the recommended location to make business purchases that do not require additional approvals.
E-commerce ordering for purchasing contracts
Merchandise Distribution and Delivery
To cut down on the amount and size of the delivery trucks on campus, products purchased on ShopUW+ head to our warehouse for package consolidation and distribution. In compliance with UW-Madison’s Large Truck Policy, we sort the packages by delivery zone and ship them out immediately using our own vehicles that are less than 30 feet in length. MDS offers next-day delivery to the Dane County area on most items ordered. MDS will not accept any radioactive or perishable materials or any large non-palletized items.
Warehouse Storage Services
The MDS warehouse, where we receive and distribute your goods, is also available as warehouse space for your business or department. We offer centralized, convenient, state-of-the-art services, including:
- Long- and short-term rates
- Clean, dry, temperature-controlled facilities; ideal for records storage
- Access to your stored inventory during normal business hours
- Capability to develop customized electronic catalogs to allow web access and ordering of your inventory with next business-day delivery
- Storage rate lower than state contract rates, including pickup and delivery service