Change and cancellation orders are issued to modify existing Purchase Orders (POs) with the submission of an Encumbrance Management Form from the department. If the change order results in a dollar amount change to the PO, your encumbrance will be adjusted in the Shared Financial System (SFS) and the change will be viewable in WISDM. Changes to the funding string using the EMF will be made by Accounting and not communicated to the supplier.
Change orders can be issued for:
- To add or delete an item or items on a Purchase Order.
- To change the ending dates on a blanket order.
- To change the description of an item(s).
- To change price(s) and/or item(s) if the order total changes by $100 or more.
- Per vendor request with consultation of the user department.
- To change an order to/from positive approval (to approve invoices prior to payment).
Cancellation orders can be issued:
- When the vendor cannot provide product.
- By request of department when item(s) are no longer required.
- When funds are no longer available.
- When changing vendors.