Non-employee e-Reimbursement Profile Setup and Change Form in SFS

This form is used to create an e-Reimbursement profile for a non-employee.

This form is used to create or update an e-Reimbursement profile for a non-employee within Shared Financial Services (SFS).

How to obtain or update an e-Reimbursement profile for a non-employee

In order to reimburse a non-employee for travel and expenses via Shared Financial Services (SFS)/e-Reimbursement, a Non-Employee ID must be obtained from Accounting Services. This form can also be used when a non-employee profile already exists but requires changes (e.g. change of address, change to Accounting Defaults).

Note: To determine if a non-employee profile already exists, please see Procedure 3024.5 How to Reimburse Non-Employees, Section III.A.

  1. Log into the Shared Financial System (SFS)/e-Reimbursement and choose the Expenses tile. Then click on the Request Non-Employee Emplid tile (even if you need to update an existing non-employee ID).
  2.  Choose either Add a New Non-Employee or Update an Existing Emplid and fill in all the required fields (marked with an asterisk). Note: If selecting Update an Existing Emplid, you will see the Non-employee to update field after making your selection, which will allow you to look up or input the non-employee ID you wish to update.
    • Instructions for setting up a new non-employee travel profile
    • Please note additional requirements are necessary for Non-Resident Aliens (NRAs). The initiating department/division is responsible for obtaining, reviewing and retaining additional documents for Non-Resident Aliens prior to submitting a non-employee profile creation request and/or filing reimbursements. Documentation must be complete, accurate, legibly copied and kept on file in the initiating department/Division. Learn about the necessary documents
    • Do not use the department address on this form. Checks cannot be delivered to the department office for pick-up. The address must be the recipient’s home, office, or another address where the check can be sent directly to them.
    • If a check must be picked up on campus, enter “Hold for pickup” in the address field. The recipient will be notified when the check is ready and can pick the check up at the Accounting Services office: 21 N. Park Street, Suite 5301.
  3. Once completed, submit the form. The submitter of the form will receive an email confirming successful submission. Once the Non-Employee ID has been created or updated, the submitter and all alternates will receive another email stating that it has been approved. Requests are typically addressed within three business days.
  4. Use the Non-Employee ID number provided by Accounting Services to create and submit expense reports on behalf of the non-employee. See Procedure 3024.1 – Creating and Submitting an Expense Report.