The Bursar’s Office provides student account, cashiering and student loan services to customers while adhering to regulations of governing agencies and implementing financial procedures.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Student Account Services for UW-Madison Students
- Bill for and collect tuition and fee payments.
- Post financial aid disbursements and scholarships to student’s Tuition Accounts.
- Coordinate tuition and fee waiver/remissions.
- Process tuition and fee refunds.
- Bill for and collect tuition and fee payments from third party sponsors paying student’s tuition and fee charges.
- Bill for and collect program payments for students enrolled in the abroad program through the Office of International Studies and Programs department.
Cashering Service for UW-Madison Departments
Receive departmental cash and check deposits.
Establish direct bank deposit procedures for larger or isolated departments.
Process key deposits and refunds.
Process Accounts Receivable payments from external sources, billed by other UW departments for services or goods.
Student Loan Accounting & Financial Aid Distribution Services
The Student Loan section of the Bursar’s Office provides student loan accounting services to UW-Madison, and UW-Green Bay. Services include:
- Billing and receipt processing.
- Deferment, forbearance, and cancellation processing.
- Fund accounting and federal reporting.
- Prepares and maintains campus-based promissory notes.
- Provides entrance counseling, exit interviews and due diligence follow-up for campus-based student loans.
Accounting and Technical Support: