Download Bank Reconciliation Worksheet (Excel – .xlsx)
- Steps to balance your bank account
- Fill out the top portion of the bank reconciliation worksheet.
- Enter the month end balance from the bank statement.
- Enter any deposits in transit as of the end of the month you are reconciling.
- Enter the month end balance from the check register.
- Enter all outstanding checks as of the end of the month you are reconciling. Outstanding checks are those that have not cleared.
- Enter any outstanding adjustments as of the end of the month you are reconciling.
- The Adjusted Bank Statement Balance and the Adjusted Check Register should equal.
- Steps to balance to the authorized Custodian Fund amount
- Enter the checks written through the month you are reconciling that have not been replenished.
- Enter the total amount of checks that have a stop payment. Enter the amount as a negative amount. Note that checks 90 days or older are to have a stop payment placed in US Bank SinglePoint.
- Enter the current authorized amount.
- Difference should be zero.
- Total amount of replenishment that needs to be requested from Cash Management to replenish the bank account. Note that replenishments are to be completed at least every 90 days or sooner.
Download an Illustration of Instructions (Excel – .xlsx)