How To Rent or Lease A Vehicle

There are two options for vehicle rentals: using a fleet vehicle or using a vehicle rental contract via Concur. Leasing a vehicle means using a fleet vehicle.

Note: In order to be covered by the State’s Liability Protection while driving on university business, all prospective drivers must complete the appropriate driver authorization request form. Please visit the Driver Authorization page for more information.

Vehicle rental

The link below has information and links for deciding which type of vehicle is best to use for travel, as well as the links needed to rent a vehicle through fleet (UW, DOA, or State) or contract.

Using a vehicle during UW business travel

Leasing a vehicle

Contact the UW Fleet Manager for information on vehicle specifications and availability.

Contact information for UW–Madison Fleet