Internal Third Party Authorization Form (Non-Employee)

Used for students receiving an internal third party tuition contract.

Download Internal Third Party Authorization Form – Non-Employees (xlsx)


If an individual is an employee with the University (excluding TA, PA, RA, LSA, Fellows, a student hourly employee, an Asst Faculty Assoc, or a Post Doc trainee) the individual should not be included on this form. (Post Grad Trainees are employees.)

By submitting this form you are verifying that UW Madison employees are not included in the list.

  1. Submit a separate form for each semester. Do not mix terms. Submit a separate form if you intend to have more than one contract for the term. Download a new spreadsheet each semester (we update the forms throughout the year). Be aware, Spring semester third party deferrals do not automatically roll over to Summer….a new Summer form must be submitted.
  2. Department Name—Refer to your last third-party invoice. The Department name listed on the authorization form you are submitting must match the name of the Department to be invoiced.
  3. Billing Address—Your department’s physical location.
  4. Contact NameContact Phone – Email—List whom we can contact for any questions pertaining to the authorization form submitted as well as the invoice. If you submit more than one contact name, the first person listed will be considered the main contact. The third-party tuition invoice will be forwarded to the email listed for the main contact.
  5. Term Code—Refer to the Term Code pattern listed on the form at the website.
  6. Indicate what the department intends to cover—Select the charges to be covered by this contract.
  7. Special Instructions— Indicate change or cancelations.
  8. Student name LAST & Student name FIRST— The name you enter on the form should match the student’s name in SIS.
  9. Campus ID— Campus ID needs to be entered for each student. We do not have access to PeopleSoft Payroll ids.
  10. List dollar limit/limitations— if applicable.
  11. If you would like to remove/cancel a student from a third-party contract:
    • It is the department’s responsibility to notify a student that their third-party contract has been canceled and that the student is now responsible to pay their tuition and fees.
    • Do not mix authorizations with cancellations on the same form; submit a separate form for cancellations only. Complete the form for cancellations using the same instructions in 2-9 above.
    • Enter cancellation & reason in the “Special Instruction” box
  12. You must save a copy of the authorization form on your local drive. When deciding on a name for the form, make reference to your department in the file name along with “TPAuth” or “TPCancel.
  13. Submit the file using the Bursar’s Office Secure Website.

How to upload your Form

  1. Go to the Bursar’s Office Secure Website
  2. If necessary, log in, using your “My UW” net ID and password.
  3. Type the name of your department in the first entry box.
  4. Click the “Third Party Authorization Forms” button.
  5. In the second entry box, enter the complete file name, or use the “Browse” button to select the file.
  6. Click the “Submit Form” button


Bursar’s Office—Third Party Billing
333 East Campus Mall #10501
Madison, WI 53715-1383