Fiscal misconduct is a deliberate act or failure to act that is contrary to established laws, regulations, or policies and which results–or was intended to result–in either loss or other damage to the University of Wisconsin-Madison or the UW System or improper personal gain. Reportable and reviewable instances of fiscal misconduct include (but are not limited to):
- Theft of any UW-Madison or UW System funds or resources
- Bribery, kickbacks, and bid rigging
- Misappropriation, misapplication, destruction, removal, or concealment of State or UW System funds or resources
- Improper handling or reporting of financial transactions
- Credit card and travel expense fraud
- Forgery, falsification, or unauthorized alteration of financial documents or records
Use the form below to report fiscal misconduct.