Business Services Update and Guidelines for Cash Management and Disbursement Services.
Under the prevailing circumstances arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, with reduced staffing levels onsite and only ‘essential’ activities being performed on campus, we wanted to provide general guidance and updates to address some of the questions/or concerns you may have.
Please keep the following reminders and considerations in mind:
- Ensure effective internal control practices are in place. For example:
- checks and cash receipts are stored safely and deposited in a timely manner
- stamp or write on back of checks- for UW Madison deposit only
- if in doubt, please contact cash management with any questions at email@example.com
- To date there has been no confirmation from Department of Administration that there will be flexibilities to State of Wisconsin statute (s 20.906) requiring checks be deposited at least once a week. The Division is working under the assumption that this requirement remains in effect. In partnership with our UW System colleagues it is mutually recognized that, with limited resources, including mail services, yet anticipating volume may decrease, do the best you can, while having the safety and wellness of employees as the priority.
The Division Cash Management and Disbursement Teams have identified key ‘essential’ activities towards ensuring cash receipts are processed on a regular, periodic basis and properly submitted invoices are paid promptly, to the best of the team’s ability while putting a priority on employee health and wellness. There is currently a small team of essential employees identified to be available at 21 N. Park towards performing the following activities:
- Interdepartmental mail: Currently, interdepartmental mail will be received on Tuesdays and Fridays and processed as normal.
Cash Management Updates:
- Deposit Checks: Cash management will deposit checks on a biweekly basis (Tuesdays and Fridays) to align with interdepartmental mail services.
- Custodian Funds: Custodian fund requests will be processed as usual. Requests may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be processed in 1-2 business days. Any requests received via interdepartmental mail will be processed at least weekly.
- Refund of Receipts (ROR): Requests for approval in cash management can be sent by email (preferred) at email@example.com. Any requests received via interdepartmental mail will be processed at least weekly.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to Cash Management functions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Outgoing Checks: Outgoing checks will be created on a biweekly basis (Tuesdays and Fridays) to align with interdepartmental mail services. ACH, PPL, and Wires will continue to be processed daily. Please note this includes Emergency Transaction (ET) checks.
- Email Payment Requests: Direct Payments (DP) and Payments to Individuals (PIR) may be submitted as a PDF attachment to email@example.com. The subject line of the email must reference “PIR”, “DP”, or “EMERGENCY TRANSACTION”. The email must be sent from an authorized approver or the authorization emails must be included in the PDF of the DP or PIR. All required documents must be combined into a single PDF and only one payment request is permitted per PDF file. Multiple PDFs for multiple requests may be submitted in a single email. Emergency Transactions (ETs) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. W-9s including a social security number (SSN) should be sent interoffice mail or faxed to (608) 265-9035.
As you may expect, the future status and availability of courier drop offs or pick ups from 21 N Park is not known at the present time.
Please note that, at the present time, open office hours for 21 N Park suite 5301 will be reduced to 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. If the building is restricted to building card access, call for pick up will not be available and all outgoing checks will be need to be mailed.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to Disbursement Services function, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at: email@example.com.
Thank you for your help and cooperation.