Type(s) of payments allowed
- Any employment and non-employment payments (services, rents, royalties, research subjects, etc.).
- For payment purposes, treat permanent residents the same as U.S. citizens or U.S. persons.
- Note: Refugees and asylees are eligible for employment and other payments in the same way that permanent residents are.
- Federal: same as U.S. citizens
- State: same as U.S. citizens
Forms required to process payments
- Same as U.S. citizens.
- To comply with proper business and audit documentation practices, the UW requires a copy of the permanent resident card (commonly called the “green card”), Form I-551 (the immigrant visa stamp in the passport), or “processed for I-551” stamp in passport be attached to the payment request form (PIR, etc.).