Procedure # 3008.12; Rev.: 0 (Effective January 1, 2017)
Related Policy: UW-3008 – Capital Equipment Policy
Functional Owner: Property Control, Business Services
Contact: Property Control Mailbox, email@example.com
- Procedure statement
- Who is affected by this procedure
- Contact roles and responsibilities
I. Procedure statement
This procedure outlines the steps and individuals responsible for identification of Department Property Administrators (DPAs) and establishment of the DPA Acceptance Agreement between the designated DPA, the Division’s Chief Financial Officer and Property Control Office.
II. Who is affected by this procedure
This procedure applies to all UW–Madison departments. It should be understood by department managers, DPAs, department chairs, directors, deans, and employees responsible for equipment.
The following steps represent the overall process for establishing a Department Property Administrator:
- The Division’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) works with administrative leadership within their departments to identify an individual who will be assigned the capital equipment property administration responsibilities for one or more departments within the Division. Discussion with and approval by the individual’s supervisor and the designated DPA is expected before submitting the name of the designated DPA and assigned departments to Property Control Office.
- Property Control Office fills out the DPA Acceptance Agreement and emails a PDF to the designated DPA.
- Designated DPA signs the Acceptance Agreement and sends to the Division’s Chief Financial Officer for signature.
- Once CFO signs, they send the signed document to Property Control Office.
- Property Control Office signs the DPA Acceptance Agreement and emails a PDF of the fully signed agreement to the DPA and CFO.
- The CFO provides a copy of the fully signed document to the administrative leader for each department that the DPA is assigned to support, and confirms the DPA’s position description has been updated to reflect the DPA responsibilities.
- The DPA completes the required capital equipment training sessions and achieves a passing score on the session evaluation.
- If the DPA leaves the University or changes positions such that they will no longer serve as the DPA, the DPA or CFO must notify the Property Control Office immediately, and the CFO begins the procedure again at step A.
IV. Contact roles and responsibilities
|1) Submit designated DPA name to Property Control.
|2) Fill out the DPA Acceptance Agreement and email a PDF to the designated DPA.
|3) Sign the DPA Acceptance Agreement and route to Division’s CFO.
|4) Sign DPA Agreement and send copy to Property Control.
|5) Sign DPA Agreement and send copy of fully executed DPA Agreement to DPA and CFO.
|6) Provide copies of DPA Agreement to the administrative leaders and confirm the DPA’s position description has been updated by their supervisor to reflect DPA responsibilities.
|7) Complete the required capital equipment training sessions and achieve a passing score on the session evaluation.
|8) Notify Property Control if DPA will no longer serve the DPA role.
|January 1, 2018
|Jan. 19, 2021 – Changed Procedure Number to 3008.12 from 110.12