My Corporate Card Application and Account Management Procedure
Procedure # 3014.1
Effective Date: July 24, 2019
I. Procedure Statement
II. Who is Affected by this Procedure
IV. Contact Roles and Responsibilities
VI. Related References
I. Procedure Statement
The UW-Madison My Corporate Card is an individual-liability VISA card issued by U.S. Bank to a UW-Madison employee for business-use only. The Card Program Office in the Division of Business Services administers the My Corporate Card Program. Procedural details related to My Corporate Card application, activation, registration, use and account management are outlined below.
II. Who is Affected by This Procedure
Employees who apply for My Corporate Cards; applicant supervisors; Divisional Business Offices; the Division of Business Services Card Program Manager.
A. Card application: To apply for a My Corporate Card, an employee must complete the My Corporate Card Application. This automated application is routed electronically for approvals.
B. Approval process:
- Supervisor approval: The supervisor reviews and electronically approves the application.
- Card Program Manager approval: The Card Program Manager reviews the application and confirms whether the applicant is eligible to receive a My Corporate Card. If the applicant is ineligible, the Card Program Manager notifies the applicant and supervisor. If the applicant is eligible, the Card Program Manager approves the application and orders the card from U.S. Bank.
C. Card distribution:U.S. Bank mails the My Corporate Card directly to the applicant at the address indicated on the My Corporate Card Application.
D. Card activation: To activate the card, the My Corporate Cardholder must call U.S. Bank Customer Service at (800) 344-5696 and follow the automated prompts. The My Corporate Cardholder must also sign the back of the card.
E. Access Online registration: Registration provides a My Corporate Cardholder with online access to account information, activity and billing statements. To register, the cardholder follows these steps:
- Navigate to access.usbank.com.
- Click Register Online.
- Enter the following:
- Company Short Name: STWISC
- 16-digit account number from the front of your My Corporate Card in the Account Number field (without spaces or dashes)
- Select the month and year of expiration from the drop-down menus
- Billing address ZIP code
- Click Register This Account.
- The Licensing Agreement page displays for your review. If you agree, click I Agree.
- Enter a User ID.
- Enter a password.
- Complete the contact information fields.
- Click Continue.
F. Real Time Fraud Alerts: To enroll in real time fraud alerts via text message or email, see 3013.8 How to Enroll in Real Time Fraud Alerts.
G. Reporting a Lost/Stolen Card: To report a lost/stolen card to U.S. Bank, the cardholder must contact U.S. Bank Customer Service at (800) 344-5696.
H. Reporting Fraud to U.S. Bank: To report fraudulent activity on a My Corporate Card, the cardholder most contact the U.S. Bank Fraud Prevention Unit at (800) 523-9078.
I. My Corporate Card Payment: My Corporate Card account balances can be paid directly by the cardholder or by the University. See below for additional details.
- Personal Payments: Personal payments can be made via personal check by remitting a payment with the U.S. Bank monthly statement or electronically via Access Online.
- University Payments: My Corporate Cardholders may opt to have the University pay U.S. Bank on their behalf for reimbursable My Corporate Card expenses via e-Reimbursement. See Procedure 3024.4 – Working with My Corporate Card and My Wallet.
J. Delinquent Payment Status: S. Bank takes the following actions when a My Corporate Card account becomes past due:
- 60-Days Past Due: Account is suspended and moved into M9 (Delinquent) status. The account will automatically decline all authorizations and reissue. The account is automatically reinstated by U.S. Bank when the past due balance has been paid.
- 90-Days Past Due: The account is moved into S1 (Cancellation of Cardholder Privileges) status. The account will automatically decline all authorizations and reissue. The cardholder may request reinstatement once the past due balance has been paid by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 120-Days Past Due: The account is moved to R9 (Revocation) status. The account will automatically decline all authorizations and reissue. The account may not be reinstated per UW-3014 My Corporate Card Policy.
K. My Corporate Card Cancellation: To close a My Corporate Card, contact email@example.com.
Contact Roles and Responsibilities
A. Applicant/My Corporate Cardholder: responsible for submitting an application, activating the My Corporate Card, registering the account in Access Online, and using the card pursuant to My Corporate Card Policy.
B. Supervisor: responsible for reviewing and approving the My Corporate Card Application.
C. Card Program Manager: responsible for reviewing the My Corporate Card Application for eligibility, ordering the card from U.S. Bank, and serving as a policy and procedure resource.
D. U.S. Bank: responsible for processing the card request, producing the card, sending the card to the applicant, and making activation and Access Online available to the applicant.
A. Access Online: the web-based transaction management tool used to support the My Corporate Card Program at UW-Madison.
B. Card Program Manager: the individual appointed by the Accounting Services unit in the Division of Business Services to manage, coordinate, and control My Corporate Cards for campus.
C. My Corporate Card: an individual-liability VISA credit card issued by U.S. Bank to a UW-Madison employee for business-related purchases.
VI. Related References
July 24, 2019
|August 14, 2019 – Added Delinquent Payment Status procedures
Jan. 19, 2021 – Updated Procedure Number to 3014.1 from 301.1