For departments/divisions using bank deposit slips, use this form to order plastic bank bags. Please allow three weeks for delivery.
The Plastic Bank Bag Form is used by departments/divisions who have already set up their own bank deposit slips through Cash Management. If you currently do not have your own deposit ticket and you collect large sums of money and/or frequently collect money, contact your Dean’s/Divisional office for approval and forward this approval to Cash Management at email@example.com.
Remember: Reorder before current stock is out. Allow three weeks for delivery.
According to State statutes, all revenue generated as a result of the sale of University goods or services belongs to the University. This revenue must be deposited into the University Deposit Account and recorded on the University’s accounting system. The statutes require that deposits be made at least once a week.
This revenue may not be deposited with the University of Wisconsin Foundation or to an individual’s private bank account. It may not be deposited directly into the University’s replenishable bank accounts, including petty cash accounts and Custodian Fund. Revenue collected is not to be used to make purchases of supplies, equipment, or services.
Plastic Bank Bag How-To and Process
- Complete the Plastic Bank Bag Order Form to request bank bags.
- Plastic Bank Bag Order Form
- Print the following information on the plasitc bank bags (or attack a label):
- Department six-digit ID number.
- Full department name
- Contact name
- Phone number
- Do not write the follwoing on the plastic bank bag: 1) deposit amount or 2) bank account number.
- After completing the deposit ticket, write the bag number on the deposit ticket kept for your records.
- Include the following in the plastic bank bag:
- Original (white) deposit ticket
- Cash and checks that total to the amount of the deposit ticket
- Seal the bag by removing the adhesive tape cover on the envelope flap of the plastic bank bag
- Seal the plastic bank bag by removing the adhesive tape on the top side/envelop flap of the plastic bank bag. Once the bag is sealed the only way it can be reopened is by tearing ro cutting it. Please make sure all plastic bank bags remained sealed when delivering them to armored car pick up sites.
- Tear off the plastic bank bag stub that has the pre-printed bag number. Keep this for your records along with the following:
- All carbon copies of the original (white) deposit ticket that was sent to the bank. These carbon copies will be yellow or pink in color.
- Date of the deposit.
- Amount of the deposit.
- Last four digits of the bank account number (if known).
- When dropping off your sealed plastic bank bag at your armored car pick up location write the bag number on the armored car service log sheet along with any other information the log is requesting. Each drop off site may have their own procedures in place for filling out the log.
- By following the above procedure, you will no longer need to have plastic bags returned by US Bank.
- For questions, please e-mail Cash Management.
- Plastic Bank Bag Memo to Campus
- How To Make Expenditures from UW Foundation Accounts