Please see below for an update from Carrie B. Park, Controller at Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association distributed on March 17, 2020.
WFAA Gift Processing – What you need to know…
- WFAA entire Gift Processing team began working offsite today, March 17, 2020.
- We have a business continuity plan in place and have confidence that the team can process with little to no disruption the majority of donations that come into WFAA from campus and donors except for checks that are physically sent to 1848 University Ave. Such donations will be delayed in both depositing and processing due to the limited amount of people allowed inside of our building. Once a week the donations received at 1848 will be deposited to our bank and then processing into ABE can begin by the Gift Processing team.
- Gift Processing Customer Service is still open and has the ability to take calls coming into work lines from donors or campus partners.
- The most efficient way to communicate with a member of the Gift Processing team as it relates to a question or task is through the Zendesk Helpdesk ticket system at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No change is being made in how donations should be routed that are received by campus. Such donations should be routed to our lockbox (807) in Milwaukee. As a reminder that all donations, gift deposit forms and all source documentation that came with the donations should be bundled together and mailed to UW Foundation, US Bank Lockbox 78807, Milwaukee, WI 53278-0807.
Credit Card Donations
If a donor calls you directly asking to make a donation online, please first ask the donor to go to our online giving page to complete their donation. If they do not feel comfortable in doing so, please give them the Gift Processing main line ( 1-800-443-6162) to call into and someone on the Gift Processing team will be able to take the credit card donation over the phone and process.