Students and families at UW-Madison will benefit from a more convenient, seamless bill payment experience next semester with the launch of a new combined tuition and housing bill from the Bursar’s Office and University Housing.
The new combined bill will be implemented for Spring 2020, when undergraduate students will be able to view both tuition and housing charges in their MyUW Student Center.
Benefits of the combined bill:
- Students will be able to make a single payment
- The BadgerPay payment plan will include both tuition and housing charges
- Financial aid funds will be applied directly to housing charges
- Streamlined Authorized Payer setup process
Authorized Payers (parents and other individuals with the ability to view and pay their student’s bills) will only need one username/login to view the student account bill. Authorized Payers will continue to log in using their username/password for the tuition side. Beginning in January, the University Housing Authorized Payer site will only allow users to view past bills and payment history. New bills will only be accessible through the Bursar’s Office Authorized Payer login site.
The first combined bill will be published on January 6, 2020, and the due date will be January 31, 2020. Details about payment method options can be found on the Bursar’s Office website.
The billing process for University Apartments will remain the same and will not be impacted by the new system.
If you have questions about the new billing process, please contact:
- University Housing, Slichter Hall lower level, (608) 262-2230
- Bursar’s Office, 333 East Campus Mall #10501, (608) 262-3611