Travelers are limited to the daily rate for the location. Use the UW TravelWIse Lodging and Per Diem Calculator to see the daily rates for the dates and location of your trip.
Exceeding nightly rates
Lodging exceeding the maximum nightly rate is payable/reimbursable if either:
- The traveler stayed at the conference location or a nearby lodging facility identified by the conference organizers. This must be documented on the conference registration materials saved with the payment mechanism.
- The base hotel rate was within the lodging limits; however, the total including taxes/fees exceeded the maximum nightly rate (domestic travel only)
- No other lodging facilities were available within the maximum nightly limits. This requires supporting documentation, typically a copy of the Concur search results, to be saved with the payment mechanism.
Allowable lodging-related expenses
The following items are payable or reimbursable by the University:
- Internet (for business use)
- Full prepayment, when required by the lodging facility
Other expenses such as room service, meals and tips are reimbursed to the traveler as part of a per diem allowance.
When opting to share lodging, each traveler is eligible for the location lodging maximum.