Administrative Bank Accounts

Accounts used by departments within Business Services to generally manage deposits and payables for the University. A Custodian, Reconciler, and Signer are required.

For example, UW-Madison’s main deposit bank account is considered an Administrative Bank Account.

Common tasks

This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.

Open an administrative bank account

To open an Administrative Bank Account, follow 200.5 Administrative Bank Account procedure.

Use the following forms to open an Administrative Bank Account:

US Bank Authorized Signature card obtained from Cash Management via e-mail to and signed by the signer of the account.


Maintain an Administrative Bank Account

To maintain an Administrative Bank Account, follow 200.5 Administrative Bank Account procedure for the main tasks. In addition, the following tasks may need to be completed at times:

Change the name of an Administrative Bank Account

Change US Bank SinglePoint access for a Custodian and/or Reconciler of an Administrative Bank Account

Close an administrative bank account

To close an administrative bank account, please contact Cash Management via the Custodian Funds e-mail address ( per 200.5 Administrative Bank Account procedure.


pindrop location icon

Financial Information Management
21 North Park Street, Suite 6201
Madison, WI 53715

phone icon

Phone: 608-263-2450