Various elements of UW–Madison travel policies and web content needed changing to match UW System policy and other important changes (i.e., vehicle contract changes). The following changes are effective immediately:
- UW-3015 – University Travel
- Updated Travel Status definition to 365 days (from 30) to align UW-Madison policy with UWSA policy and IRS regulations.
- Updated Ethics section to remove “Benefits or services from supplier rewards programs (e.g., airline frequent flier miles, hotel stay programs) earned from University paid travel must be applied toward future University business travel.” This change brings UW-Madison travel policy in alignment with UWSA travel policy and was implemented because there is no way to audit the former requirement.
- UW-3016 – Air Travel
- Updated Airline Promotions section to allow personal use of vouchers, certificates, or frequent flier miles received as a result of University business travel. This change brings UW-Madison travel policy in alignment with UWSA travel policy and was implemented because there is no way to audit the former requirement.
- Updated Booking Methods section to remove “Foreign, intra country flights” terminology. This change brings UW-Madison travel policy in alignment with UWSA travel policy. Exception allowed for direct airline purchase when traveler is abroad, origin and destination are international, and flights are a lower cost or not available through the travel management company.
- UW-3019 – Vehicle Use/Rental
- Policy and webpage updates required – New Big 10 Alliance contract with EHI (Enterprise/National).
- Removed mandate to book Enterprise/National as most preferred – Hertz will now be equally preferred and is often less expensive than Enterprise/National.
- Updates to personal use of car rental contracts – Enterprise and National will no longer offer fixed discounted rates for personal travel. A percentage discount will be offered.
- Overview of current contracts
- UW-3026 – Non-Payable/Non-Reimbursable Expenses
- Added Manuscript Submission Fees: Manuscript submission fees are payable on the purchasing card or reimbursable only if paid with a card product (e.g., credit, debit). Proof of card payment must be submitted with reimbursement claim.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions.